Re: Re: [edlug] digital photo database

That may be true, however programs have bugs and there is always operator error. Best IMHO to have a backup of the data from the camera before any processing, just in case.

Ed

-----Original Message-----
From: John McAulay <jmcaulay@xxx.xxx.xxx>
To: dick@xxx.xxx.xxx
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 20:16:58 +0000
Subject: Re: [edlug] digital photo database

If you are rotating through 90 or 180 (or obviously 270 which is just
-90) degrees there should be no loss, however the rotation is
performed, at any other angle the rotation has to be lossy, and as far
as I know there is no way of getting around this. Although it could be
minimized by increasing the resolution of the image (doubling the
resolution) before rotating to angles other than 90 180 (or 270).
(didn't bore you with the reasons why, because that would make the
email even longer)

John