Re: [edlug] Looking for a new Distro

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 21:02:03 +0000
Matthew Slane <m.slane@xxx.xxx.xxx> wrote:

> I like minimlilst stuff, I detest redhat/mandrake etc. with a passion,
>
> so I'm looking for something small and sleek that I can add what I
> need and not what deadrat thinks I need.  Currently I'm looking at
> Vector (Slackware based so should be good) and Arch linux.

You don't like compiling from source so you're going for a Slackware
based system? To be honest you'd probably be best just going for
Slackware, as far as I can tell Vector is just Slackware with a gui
install (contrary to popular belief Slackware's install is pretty good)
and some kind of extra config abstraction stuff. Go for Slackware, you
know you want too. </slackware zealotry>

--
If you can read this you've gone too far.
Stephen Jones (Zombywuf) D5A4 5342 E7BD E524 710A