Re: [edlug] digital photo database

If you are rotating through 90 or 180 (or obviously 270 which is just -90) degrees there should be no loss, however the rotation is performed, at any other angle the rotation has to be lossy, and as far as I know there is no way of getting around this. Although it could be minimized by increasing the resolution of the image (doubling the resolution) before rotating to angles other than 90 180 (or 270). (didn't bore you with the reasons why, because that would make the email even longer)

John

On 16 Jan 2004, at 17:44, Dick Middleton wrote:

Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

I use gqview too. Or rather, I've now moved to its successor, gthumb. Gthumb-2.1.9 is excellent.
Works great for me.

On your suggestion I changed. You're right it's very good. Thanks.

Do you know if the "lossless rotation" thing really is lossless? Can I rely on it enough to discard the original images?

Dick