Re: [edlug] OT: Award BIOS chip wanted...

michael eng wrote:
* Paul Redmond-san ga 2004-01-15 no 13:49 (-0000) ni kakimashita

With a flash BIOS chip, your PC is the chip programmer. You just need an
appropriate programming .exe which ive downloaded from Award.

But if you put in the empty flash chip to program, how do you boot the PC to run the .exe file?

Michael

Well - there is a sensible option - have a dual bios mobo!
Then you can boot it up and flash the contents of the working one to the other.

'course this does not help you I guess, but I thought I would let you know what is available these days.

--
Andrew Elcock                                tel:          0131 651 1434
EDINA, Edinburgh University Data Library     fax:          0131 650 3308

"I spent four years at uni and all I got was this lousy piece of paper"
-- Andrew Elcock