Re: [edlug] OT: Award BIOS chip wanted...

Paul Redmond wrote:

I need a new BIOS chip to replace the existing one in a fairly old PC (which i need to keep and stash unaltered for reasons not worth explaining).

I thought BIOSs were mobo specific. Probably need to know type of mobo and/or type of PC. Can the firmware be downloaded from PC mfgr or Award?

The chips themselves are readily available from Maplin etc. Programming them is relatively easy if one has a programmer and a device to copy or the data file.

Dick