Re: [edlug] 802.11 g cards

Even if you have a 802.11g card you might still not get WPA as every card and the hub have to support both 11g and WPA. We have an airport in our flat, but my flatmate's 11b card does not support WPA and doesn't seem to like any form of encryption, so we have turned ours off. I think that in a highly residential area their won't be too many roaming laptops, and I can detect two other networks myself, one encrypted, one not.

my views...

me

I hear the new variant is not too well supported on Linux yet. I'm interested in WPA encryption as it's said to be more useful than the old WEP (which is widely reported as being useless, so this may not say very much).
--
Alex Wasserman

The price of seeking to force our beliefs on others is that someday
they might force their beliefs on us.
                -- Mario Cuomo