Re: [edlug] Feedback on a possible venue...

    G> On 9 Jan 2004, at 3:54, Planet Fenn wrote:

    >>  On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Ed wrote:
    >>>  There is also World's End which is quite near the SO (Thistle
    >>> St?)  and was big and quietish when I was last there.
    >>  I think that is The World, the Worlds end is on Cannongate
    >>

    G> Strictly speaking The World's End is on the High Street. The
    G> Canongate starts on the other side of St. Mary's and that is
    G> why the pub has its name.

Even more strickly speaking, the Canongate starts at the Edinburgh
edge of St. Mary's Street.  You can see the brass cobbles on the road
which mark out where the city wall was.  Canongate was a seperate
burgh until 1865!

Back to something allegedly more useful ...

Cheers,

Kenny.

--
Desktop Services Team, EUCS.