Re: [edlug] New hard disk for 'oldish' mobo

I've just put an 80 gig HD into an old-ish mobo (P2). The BIOS
mis-detected it as 16 meg or something...

Linux (i'I'm using Mandrake9.2) doesn't seem to care and detects it
correctly.

I don't think Linux uses the BIOS here, so yes the kernel being
sufficiently up to date would be the factor.

I guess there might still be problems with ACPM, but i don't know..

Cheers,
Paul.