Re: [edlug] New hard disk for 'oldish' mobo

As far as I know, once you can boot the system off one hard disk you can
put whatever you like in for the others, you just tell the BIOS there is
nothing there.

My PC can only support 8GB hard disks so I boot off a 2GB one as HDA and
have a 40GB one as the main installation space.

From fstab:

/dev/hdc1 / ext3 defaults 1 1
/dev/hda1 /boot ext3 defaults 1 2
/dev/hdc5 /home ext3 defaults 1 2
/dev/hda5 swap swap defaults 0 0

I'm fairly sure this will work anywhere as long as the kernel is up to
date (>2.4.21 I think)

Chris...