[edlug] BBC website wierdness with firebird

I have been using the latest 0.8 nightly (pre-)releases and yesterday noticed that on bbc.co.uk clicking on links had no effect, right-click and open in new tab/window did work however.

Today fiddling about with user agent switcher I noticed that if I set the user agent to IE6/XP and reloaded the page then clicking on links worked again. Resetting the user agent back to default had no adverse effect (i.e. links could still be clicked).

If however I exited and restarted the browser, cleared the cache and accessed bbc.co.uk the original brokenness reappeared.

The default user agent string is:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6b) Gecko/20040107 Firebird/0.7+

Are the BBC really this broken or have I misconfigured something?

Ed