Re: [edlug] Anyone want to give an edlug technical talk on PVR/DVB?

TiVo have just sued EchoStar for patent infringement. So I don't think they will let you register it.

TiVo sues EchoStar for Patent Infringement
   from the there-can-be-only-one dept.
   posted by michael on Tuesday January 06, @18:52 (patents)

Angus Rae wrote:

Massive threadjack here, and horrendously offtopic - for which I apologise. (It's sort of related to this topic though...)

Does anyone in EdLUG happen to have a Pronto programmable remote, and the necessary whatevers for creating a data file from it? Even better, someone at KB?

I've just purchased an EchoStar DVB Freeview box to replace my aging Philips OnDigital box and have discovered that TiVo doesn't yet have it in its IR database. The easiest way of getting it in there to get a Pronto to learn the remote and then send the data file to people with contacts in TiVo.

If anyone can help I'm sure drinkies could be provided...

--

Andrew

Quos deus vult perdere, prius dementat
Euripides, from Lycurgus (9th C BC)