Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 13:30:16 -0000
From: MACAULAY Ian <ianmac@xxx.xxx.xxx>
To: JARVIS James <jjarvis@xxx.xxx.xxx>
Subject: FW: Possible JMC business opportunity

Hi James,

This was forwarded to me by Stephen Gaughan the Kitchens manager as he wasn't sure the best way to go with it. The JMC Bar is certainly one option since open 7pm - 1am term time and in the commercial periods 11am - 11pm, all 7 days a week. However, we don't tend to do food in the evenings in the JMC Bar unless you want to work from the room service menu which gets produced from there. It is basically pizzas, burgers etc. If you need something more substantial it would have to be an Edinburgh First handled booking for term time. Commercial period is not such a problem as we have the cooked to order menu on from 12pm until 9pm 7 days a week with the full meal range.

Absorb Café bar is another option, but is noisier and the food is all paninis and sandwiches etc.

In terms of your requirements the benefit of using the JMC Bar is that you
don't have to formally book a space through Edinburgh First which is more
expensive as there is room hire charge and the food is also more expensive
since more a fine dining operation. Based on your requirements we could do
the following:

1.	Cordon off an area for 50 people
2.	Provide wheelchair access as the JMC has a lift to the second floor
3.	Good food - it would be the room service menu/mainly burgers and pizza
4.	Parking and non alcoholic drinks no problem
5.	Easy to find and good public transport

The only difficult ones would be a projector, as we would charge quite a
bit for this on hire and smoke free area. I am a reformed smoker but long
live smoking as in the University you will know it is all non smoking
except in licensed premises so a small concession for smokers.

Think that answers all your questions and just let me know if you think it
would work for you.

Regards

Ian

Ian R Macaulay