Re: [edlug] Anyone want to give an edlug technical talk on PVR/DVB?

---- Original Message -----
From: "craig garvie" <cgarvieuk@xxx.xxx.xxx>
To: <edlug@xxx.xxx.xxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 3:08 PM
Subject: Re: [edlug] Anyone want to give an edlug technical talk on PVR/DVB?

> This is the solution that i am working on using Hauppague Nove-t
> Digital card

I am using a hauppauge  pvr 250 with mythtv. It works well on Fedora Core 1
and apt-get updates using synaptic and I have a DVD writer connected for
burning mpg to DVD with dvdrecord. Machine is a 1.6 Athlon with 512 RAM and
three 80GB disks.(one holds mp3 collection). I particularly like being able
to setup recordings from anywhere using mythweb via apache. All the other
image/sound/weather/web browser addons also work so next job is to get a
X-box and use it as the mythfrontend under linux. I certainly will need help
with that but friend of a friend in the States has done it so will be
'enlisting' his help.

Cheers

Ian Morrison