Re: [edlug] Anyone want to give an edlug technical talk on PVR/DVB?

 --- Greg Lewin <greglewin@xxx.xxx.xxx> wrote: >
> >Ed
> >

> I've been having similar ideas, since it looks as if mini-ITX
> boards are
> an idea whose time has come  - 1 GHz is plenty for most
> applications
> including sound & vision, and the notion of silence from the
> box itself
> is very attractive.

This is the solution that i am working on using Hauppague Nove-t
Digital card

Im using MythTV to record programs and that seems to be working
myth crashed with my build on playing tv or watching  records,
but i think the latest CVS fix's this and need to try it.

Also dont have any sound on the box at all that im trying to
investage. Hence im not sure if its recording with sound.

All in all the package cost little over 400 pounds but as i
intend to put all my CD's on it as well, i saw that as an
advantage over tivo.
Plus i intend to add a DVD recorder to it later.

I have to admit a lot on the works been done by i friend but i'd
be happy to pool what knowledge i have, and would be interested
to know how may others have done this, What there systems is
and how many others are toying with the idea.

Craig