Re: [edlug] Anyone want to give an edlug technical talk on PVR/DVB?

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 09:31:14AM +0000, sxw@xxx.xxx.xxx wrote:

> In my case, because I'd like to do things beyond just video. However, I
> must admit I'd written off the Tivo, because I was under the impression
> that they were no longer marketed in the UK, and that subscriptions were
> only available to existing customers. Is this just rumour?

They don't sell new ones any more but as far as I'm aware they'd be
delighted to take money from anyone who's got one (and if there was a
lifetime subscription bought I seem to recall that the subscriptions are
tied to the box anyway).