[edlug] Need help translating windows modem settings to linux

I'm having problems connecting to my dialup ISP on it's main number,
or rather it connects but nothing useful happens. Recently they sent
out a new modem setup file to cure the problem (which is related to
compression). Trouble is they are unhelpful in suggesting settings for
Linux. The relevant part of the new file is below:

[TCP/IP]
Specify_Server_Address=No
DNS_Address=0.0.0.0
DNS_Alt_Address=0.0.0.0
IP_Header_Compress=Yes
Gateway_On_Remote=Yes
[Server]
Negotiate_TCP/IP=Yes
Disable_LCP=Yes
PW_Encrypt=No
SW_Compress=No
Type=PPP
[ApplyInsSec]
DontApplyIns=1
[Branding]
Serverless=1
[ConnectionSettings]
ApplyInsToConnection=xxx

On Fedora my modem dialup configuration is (tabbing from left to right)
* automatically obtain ip address settings (and also DNS)
* all compression enabled, i.e.
  VJ TCP/IP,
  VJ Connection ID,
  Address/Control,
  Protocol field,
  BSD,
  CCP

My guess is that I need to disable BSD and CCP which correspond to
SW_Compress in windows. Is this enough?, I'd rather not go through all
possible permutations and I don't yet understand what Linux settings
correspond to disable_lcp (link control protocol)

Ed