Re: [edlug] Hot Syncing Pilot clones? / Standing Order

I used kpilot, jpilot and the GNOME/Evolution conduits with a Palm 5. It was connected using the serial port from its cradle.
I had some problems though, although that was more distro dependent. Mainly I just had to ensure that there was a link from /dev/pilot to /dev/whereever_it's_plugged_in. After that I had to check the connection speed.

I also used a serial to USB adaptor. I just enabled the relevant kernel option and loaded the module. Then made sure of the link again.

I think Evolution worked best for an all inclusive system, I didn't much like the kpilot setup and gnome-pilot didn't do a lot. Jpilot is very much an inferior clone of the Palm Desktop suite. Good, but not very integrated with anything else. Evolution has a good set of conduits.

On a totally separate note the Standing Order is the large Wetherspoons pub on George Street, just down from Castle Street. I think its Castle street anyway. Its in one of the big banks.

me

--
Alex Wasserman

Join in the new game that's sweeping the country. It's called "Bureaucracy".
Everybody stands in a circle. The first person to do anything loses.