[edlug] Hot Syncing Pilot clones?

What experiences have people had with the commonly built-in links to Palm pilots - i.e. JPilot and KPilot?

Do they "just work" with a real Palm Pilot? Or are they known to need a lot of tweaking?

I am trying to Hot Sync something which claims to be a pilot clone (it's a Sony Clié TJ35): it does run Palm OS 5.21.

It does not sync with either JPilot or KPilot, using the same electrical connections known to work with W*nd*ws PalmPilot Desktop.

I'm thinking it might be best to send it back ...

Greg.