Re: [edlug] Lots of forked processes, all saying /USR/SBIN/CRON

I wrote:

One of the entries in root's crontab is locking up for some reason and is unable to complete whatever it is trying to do before the time comes round again for cron to fire it off again.

Bad practice to reply to my own postings, but I should have added that in all the cases I have seen this happen before, it was always associated with a developing disk or disk controller fault.

Check your hardware fault logs too.
Robert.