Re: [edlug] BBC Radio Player

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 03:59:26PM +0000, Graeme Wood wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Dick Middleton wrote:
>
> > The BBC do a radio player to allow you to play programs gone by with
> > Real Player. It which works quite well except that it doesn't allow
> > positioning in the stream so you have to hear the whole prog.
> >
> > It manages to conceal what it is doing so I don't know how to get access
> > to the stream. I want to save the stream to disc so I can play just the
> > bits I want to hear again.
> >
> > Any suggestions as to how to this (other than by looping back the audio).
>
> I would guess, and I may be wrong, that this is deliberate to prevent
> abuse of their copyright.

As far as moving back and forth in the programme is concerned, you can
just get the link to the actual stream from the HTML source of the radio
player page and put that straight into realplayer, then you can move
back and forth at will (modulo realplayer's general flakiness).

Just search for a URL ending '.rpm' in the HTML source of the radio
player page.

Bob