Re: [edlug] Desktop update

I was just about to suggest you create another user and see what happens.

This fix got me out of all sorts of problems after I upgraded to kde3.1 such as:

(1) Grey (default x) background on desktop
(2) Default (KDE) not SuSE menus
(3) No right click desktop Menu

As I didn't have much setup for the old user I think I'll stick with the new one...lazy but effective!  There would appear to be a SuSE script which runs when a new user logs in and sets up the necessary - perhaps Red Hat have something similar for their Gnome environment.