Re: [edlug] GnomeMeeting 0.96 and Using my Digital Camera

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 01:11:25PM -0000, FayeGibbins@xxx.xxx.xxx wrote:

> so what I need is -: A USB web cam for under 50UKP, that'll work with
> Linux and can be ordered now off the web without too much hassle.

  I got bought a Logitech QuickCam Pro 3000 USB webcam from my wishlist
 not so long ago.  (Not sure of the prices exactly ~40 IIRC).

  It's a nice camera, does 640x480 at the most, updates well, and runs
 with Linux.

  (There's a normal driver which'll give you a small image, and a binary
 decompression module which gives better images).

  This is being used here:

	http://www.steve.org.uk/Cam/

  If you want to get some idea of the image quality look at the main shot,
 or the memorable images.

Steve
---`