[edlug] GnomeMeeting 0.96 and Using my Digital Camera

Fellow slashdotters will also be aware today that GnomeMeeting 0.96 was
released today. This is good news for Linux because we can now initiate
Pc 2 Phone calls from the penguin. At long last.

I would like to experiment with  this technology and see what the
possibilities are.

I dont have a webcam but i do have a FujiFilm Finepix 2200 USB which
works just dandy to take pics etc under Linux. You access the camera
like you would access a flash file system (ie under /dev/sda1). The
camera also takes 20 second silent avis from the cameras control.

I know that there are camera tinkerers on the list, does anyone out
there know of a way to make the camera work like a webcam and
continually take a movie? I would terefore only have to plug my camera
in and then I can get going with this whole VoIP thing. Cool. Otherwise,
I will have to shell out for a webcam. Anyone know good ones for
compatability under Linux and also price is an important factor at the
moment.

Cheers peeps,

	Alistair Ross