Re: [edlug] LPI Certification advice

Gallagher, Kevin wrote:

Dear all

I have 3 years Solaris experience and will be developing my Linux
knowledge(Redhat probably) shortly and would like to know what people think
of the LPI Certification and if they could suggest any books to aid in
obtaining at least Level 1 certification.

Kevin Gallagher

I am thinking about LPI myself, I was contacted by someone from eurosales@xxx.xxx.xxx He gave me a bit of a hard sell on the phone, and kept telling me that the course was half price (649 rather than 1299) until the end of this month, but the course actually sounded OK. If you're pretty experienced you might not need to spend a bunch of money on a course, although I probably would.

Edmund Strangely