[edlug] 'Pan' Problems

Hi there all,

I was wondering if anyone had any problems
running the newsgroup reader app. 'Pan' ?

To be more specific I am referring to its
unwillingness to allow me to authenticate,
I have repeatedly triple checked that I
am indeed typing in the correct user name
and password - which by the way works fine
Netscape news reader - but no joy so far with
pan !!!

The error I seem to be getting is a 502
authentication failure.

Any ideas, suggestions will be greatly