[edlug] Amstrad ALT-386SX 4MB memory & Linux

Hi All

I have come into possession of an old Amstrad ALT-386SX protable computer.

FDD is a 34-pin connector, power supplied up the ribbon cable, but can be
replaced with moderm FDD for £100ish.

HDD is 170MB, but might be able to change it for a 0.5Gb HDD, if I can find
one.

I know this machine can run Win3.1 happily.

I would like to put Linux with X-windows on it.

I am wonder if it is worth spending time & money or should I just leave it
running Win3.1.

Not got any *real* use/need for it to change to Linux, but would handy to have
spare machine for digging deeper into the command line side of Linux.

Anybody have any views ?

Stuart