Re: [edlug] Modem Problems

On 2003.01.26 19:27 Ben Jedrej wrote:
Hi,

I am completely new to Linux, installed SuSE Linux 8.1 Professional on my
Packard Bell Easy One Silver laptop yesterday. However, YaST2 is not
detecting my laptop's internal modem. The modem claims to be manufactured
by PCtel, Inc model HSP56 MR. I have tried the PCtel and Packard Bell web
sites but neither seems to support Linux. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. I am also trying the SuSE installation suport as well.

This is my first experience with Linux so any instructions have to be
simple.

Many thanks,

Ben

PS When is the next workshop for beginners?

Ben,

You are suffering from a Winmodem. HSP in its name means Host Signal Processing.
All is not lost, http://www.linmodems.org/ is the place to seach for a driver.

Regards,

Roy Bamford