[edlug] Modem Problems

Hi,

I am completely new to Linux, installed SuSE Linux 8.1 Professional on my Packard Bell Easy One Silver laptop yesterday. However, YaST2 is not detecting my laptop's internal modem. The modem claims to be manufactured by PCtel, Inc model HSP56 MR. I have tried the PCtel and Packard Bell web sites but neither seems to support Linux. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am also trying the SuSE installation suport as well.

This is my first experience with Linux so any instructions have to be simple.

Many thanks,

Ben

PS When is the next workshop for beginners?