Re: [edlug] How stable is Debian Sarge?

> I'm currently running Woody at the moment, and am considering an upgrade
> to Sarge.
>
> I get the bulk of my .debs from mirror.ac.uk, but will need to ensure I
> get the right Apt sources for the X 4.2.1 & OpenOffice stuff

Remember also that you can upgrade individual packages to testing/unstable if
you like. Although sometimes their dependencies will result in almost the
whole distribution being pulled though. However I have a few packages from
testing and they work fine in a stable box.

I found the following a very good resource for doing this:
http://www.argon.org/~roderick/apt-pinning.html

Steven.