Re: [edlug] BASH question

Alas, I cannot run truss against bash as

truss: cannot trace set-id or unreadable object file: /usr/local/GNU/bin/bash

so I've asked root to do it instead.

Okay, my actual problem is that the "file1 -nt file2" (newer than) test
operator is failing to give the right answer when set against two files
bigger than 2Gb.  Also, filename expansion like "ls file[12]" also fails with
"No such file or directory".  Is this likely to be because large file support
is not compiled in? or is it a bug in bash?

Cheers,

Ben