RE: [edlug] BASH question

> Can anyone tell me a way to see if the bash that I'm using has
> been compiled
> with or without large file support enabled?  This is on Solaris 2.6.  The
> bash is version 2.02.1(2)-release.

Lee's answer regarding the use of fstat64 etc. sounds a good way of
going about things. Whilst I don't have anything to check this out,
wouldn't a binary compiled with large file support always use fstat64
when stating files? If so, you could use truss on Sun (strace on linux,
par on Irix) to see the function calls as you run, e.g.
bash -c 'cat /tmp/foo > /dev/null'

I guess this can prove the positive but not the negative.

Alex