Re: [RE] [edlug] redhat8.0 on DELL Dimension 2350 - problems

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:42:36 +0000 (GMT) D Swan <s9901573@xxx.xxx.xxx>
wrote:

> You weren't really helping yourself by not tellng us what brand of Network chip
> it is.

Well I didn't know actually and since then all I have found out
that it is broadband. 'lspci' says Broadcom Corporation: Unknown
device

>Anyway its a "AsusTek/Broadcom bcm 4401" as far as i can tell,

how did you find this out? I have also discovered what was ordered and
it says "Intergrated Intel 10/100 Ethernet" so..... I guess I should
open the box.

> and this
> does not have a module in RH 8.0 as shipped. No need to worry, you will find the
> module you need compiled for redhat 8.0 at

if it is a "AsusTek/Broadcom bcm 4401", where do you get the source
from?

Thanks for your help by the way.

Ross

--