[edlug] loading kernel modules

Sorry to be a nuisance, but I've forgotten how load kernel modules... someone explained to me regarding my cd driver... I have to load the iptables module, I've read the iptables howto but it assumes you know how to load modules. I think the module is just called iptables.o. It mentions having packet filtering enabled in your kernel. Will I have this as I initially answered no to the offer of a firewall from my rh8.0 install as I used to have one on my router?
--
Edmund Strangely
"Talking like I'm on and I'm the only one and making like I'm gone and staring like a gun"-