Re: [edlug] compiling xine

Quoting SA Robson <s0237902@xxx.xxx.xxx>:
> whilst doing a make command for xine-lib I get the following error
> message
>
> ../../libtool: line 1: s%^.*/%%: No such file or directory
> ../../libtool: line 1: -e: command not found
>
> In the script 'libtool' a find command gives this:
>
> | $Xsed -e 's%^.*/%%
>
> Anyone any ideas what this means and how to fix it?

Just a long shot, but it looks to me that if that's line 1 then libtool is
fairly well screwed, I'd download xine-lib again (or wherever libtool came
from, i forget). If that doesn't work, try looking at ./configure switches, I
seem to remember needing to tweak the configure process...
I had some trouble compiling some xine packages but it turned out I didn't need
them, never with xine-lib though.

On another note, I am having trouble playing some DVDs, specifically ones that
are not in widescreen. In 'tall screen' mode the picture is interlaced with
every second line about a quarter of a second behind the others, this is
extremely noticable and extremely annoying when there is a lot of motion. I'm
using the GATOS drivers for my ATI rage 128 under X 4.2.0, but gxine's 'setup
wizard' says I don't have a Xv extension... any help is appreciated.

Bruce