RE: [edlug] Mandrake 9 & Database (MySQL PostgreSQL)

I have MySQL set up with PHP on Mandrake 9 though my
serious MySQL/PHP work is being done on Win2K (sorry
about the bad language) though it will move over later
in the year.

George in Oxford
 --- colin <colin@xxx.xxx.xxx> wrote: >

> MySQL would be my first choice. Much bigger user
> base.
> It is used commercially everywhere, and I am sure
> you can get an RPM for
> it
> (I use debian so don't know about these things).
>
> Check out mysql.com.
>
> Postgresql if you need a commit database.
>
> Check out
> http://www.phpmyadmin.net/
>
> A great web based GUI you can use. But there are
> plenty others
> specifically for mysql.
>
> col

=====
George Pitcher

Technical Manager, HERON, Napier University, Edinburgh
0131-455 2435 .. fmdev@xxx.xxx.xxx .. safc2_1nufc@xxx.xxx.xxx