Re: [edlug] CD Writers

On 2003.01.08 18:04 Steven Robson wrote:

On Wednesday 08 January 2003 5:56 pm, Roy Bamford wrote: > Packet writing aka 'Direct CD' works on Linux but only on CD-RW. > That means you can have 'drag and drop' CD writing if you want.

How do I set this up on SuSE 8.1?

Steven Robson

Steven,

I'm a RH8.0 user so I can't help with the specifics of SuSE.

Its all here:

http://cvs.linuxfromscratch.org/index.cgi/~checkout~/hints/cdrw-hint.txt?rev=1.2&content-type=text/plain

Beware its a long link.

I built it as modules and it seems to be OK.

Copy your kernel source to somewhere like ~/linux before you start. The headers in /usr/src/linux are used by the rest of the system and should not be tampered with. You don't really want to compile as root either. Some installs don't even install the complete source in /usr/src/linux.

Regards,

Roy Bamford