Re: [edlug] USB KeyDrives

Cheers Everyone,

	sd_mod was the vital module that I needed, however, I would have
thought that it would have automagically managed to assess that it
needed to modprobe for it. Running  Red Hat 8.0 with RH's 7.4.18 kernel.

Cheerz

Al.

 Thomas Figg Said (thomas.figg@xxx.xxx.xxx):

> On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Alistair J Ross wrote:
> > I have been gifted one and whilst it says it works under Linux 2.4.x, I
> > don't know how to mount it.
>
> I got a muvo and subsequently broke it. Before then, I managed to get it
> working under linux.
>
> I got it working under 2.4.19, and usb-storage and sd_mod are the modules
> I needed. Took me a while to realise that the usb is mounted over scsi. And it seemed to work fine
> for me.
>
> > I looked in dmesg and /var/log/messages for any device insertion
> > information but none appears, however I know the device is not defective
> > as it works under WinXP.
>
> Ouch. Mine comes up with a message in dmesg, even when I don't have the
> usb storage mod loaded, to say a usb device has been inserted.
>
> -- tef

 __    __
 \ \  / / Alistair J. Ross
  \ \/ /  Chief Executive Officer,
  / /\ \  XBOLT.network (www.xbolt.net)
 / /  \ \
 ""    ""
SALES: 	 0870 748 4346
SUPPORT: 0702 112 8458 (Calls Cost 25p/min)

|(www.xbolt.net) :: Premium Linux shells and webhosting for all!|
|(www.linuxnewbieguide.com) :: Linux without the technobabble!  |