Re: [edlug] USB KeyDrives

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Alistair J Ross wrote:
> I have been gifted one and whilst it says it works under Linux 2.4.x, I
> don't know how to mount it.

I got a muvo and subsequently broke it. Before then, I managed to get it
working under linux.

I got it working under 2.4.19, and usb-storage and sd_mod are the modules
I needed. Took me a while to realise that the usb is mounted over scsi. And it seemed to work fine
for me.

> I looked in dmesg and /var/log/messages for any device insertion
> information but none appears, however I know the device is not defective
> as it works under WinXP.

Ouch. Mine comes up with a message in dmesg, even when I don't have the
usb storage mod loaded, to say a usb device has been inserted.

-- tef