Re: [edlug] Install day - backing up peoples files

Sean Hammond wrote:

Okay, that's sorted.

But getting back on topic, do we have a plan for backing up then
recovering peoples Windows files during the install weekend, or are we
expecting people to have backed up their files before coming along?

Yhe normal procedure during install days is to install things as a dual boot system, which means the disk will be dynamically repartitioned before starting the install. This requires there to be enough empty disk space on the disk and for the windows system to be defragmented and scanned before we start.

This gives people the option of mounting the windows partition and accessing files left behind in windows. Usualy read-only.

This is covered in the preperation documents on the website. All people who will be helping with installs should download the documents and familiarise themselves with them
Robert.