Re: [edlug] [OT] ADSL router recommendations

Sunday, February 19, 2006, 11:23:46 PM, Planet Fenn wrote:

> I will soon need a new wired ADSL router. Has anyone got any
> recommendations?

> Cisco SB101; is it good or pants?
> How about Solwise Billion ADSL-7402R2?
> Or the Solwise SAR-600E ADSL?

the Cisco seems to be out of production, nobody seems to sell it,

I am currently using cisco c2610 with WIC-1ADSL bit of an overkill but
it's great if you want to learn IOS and do some fancy BGP routing.

I also used Zyxel and have to say I wasn't a big fan the 2 routers I
had *RIP* didn't last more than 2 weeks. Currently using a netgear
DG834GT on ADSL2 circuit, I seem to be suffering from packet loss every
7-10 days which is solved by rebooting the router, but the problem
seems to have gone away after the new firmware upgrade. ADSL2 is a new
technology and I expected some teething issues, but considering the
speed it's well worth the effort.

DownStream Connection Speed     10067 kbps :)
UpStream Connection Speed      766 kbps
Connection Time       114:48:10

hurray to UKonline :)

--