Re: [edlug] P&P and Install Day Status

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, Sean Hammond wrote:

Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:17:16 +0000
From: Sean Hammond <sean.hammond@xxx.xxx.xxx>
To: edlug@xxx.xxx.xxx
Subject: Re: [edlug] P&P and Install Day Status

Just one quick thing, I think we need to be serious about publicising
the People and Planet talk ourselves. It's fantastic news that we have
Gareth Bowker to do the talk. The install day is booked for the time
of year when students have deadlines, the time when normal attendance
at People and Planet meetings tends to drop.

So I think it's important that we do a lot of advertising both in and
outside of the student/wider university community. People and Planet
can help with this, I'm sure, and I'll get onto them about it just as
soon as I clear the pile of work I have right now.

You have made some good points, but I think it is worth reiterating that the install day is aimed at a wider audience than just the student body, welcome though they are.

Fenn.

--
I am Amnesia of Borg. Resistance is Futile. Prepare to be ... errr ... thingy ...