Re: [edlug] moving /usr

JAMIE BERRY wrote:

I know that the next step should be to modify the fstab and delete the data from my current /usr but I am not quite sure of the best way to go about this. Would it be best to boot from a knoppix disk or such like?

I think the usual way is to rename /usr to /usr.old then create a new /usr and mount your copied data the new /usr.

Modify fstab before rebooting.

When it's working you can delete /usr.old

Dick