[edlug] moving /usr

 Hi all

Im hoping someone can help a little here. I have a gentoo system and my /usr is on the same partition as / and is taking up way to much space so i am moving it. I have created and formated another partition to hold /usr and I have copied all the data across.

 I know that the next step should be to modify the fstab and delete the data from my current /usr but I am not quite sure of the best way to go about this. Would it be best to boot from a knoppix disk or such like?

Thanks in advance..